When shipping packages, you can choose the Hold for Pickup option, and the recipients can collect their packages at their local Post Office. If you are expecting a package, you can redirect it to your local Post Office by selecting Hold for Pickup using Intercept a Package under Track & Manage on usps.com.
- 1 Can I have a package shipped to a Post Office?
- 2 Can I use a post office as my address?
- 3 Can I ship to USPS for pickup?
- 4 Can you put packages in a USPS drop box?
- 5 Can I leave a package outside for UPS pickup?
- 6 Will USPS pickup prepaid packages?
- 7 Can Amazon deliver to a PO Box?
- 8 How can I get packages without an address?
- 9 How big can a package be for USPS drop box?
- 10 Can you drop packages in UPS box?
- 11 Can I hand a package to a UPS driver?
- 12 How much does it cost to have UPS pick up a package?
- 13 How do I schedule a UPS pickup with a prepaid label?
- 14 Where can I send my mail if I have no address?
- 15 How do you send a package from home?
- 16 How do you send mail to someone without giving your address?
- 17 Can you send large packages to a PO Box?
- 18 How do I send something to a PO Box?
- 19 Will UPS ship to a PO Box?
- 20 How do you send something general delivery?
- 21 Can I have a UPS package held for pickup?
- 22 How much does it cost to hold a package at USPS?
- 23 Whats the smallest box you can ship?
- 24 Can I put a small box in a USPS mailbox?
- 25 Does USPS offer ground shipping?
- 26 What happens if I drop a UPS package at USPS?
- 27 How heavy can a box be for UPS?
- 28 Can you give Amazon returns to UPS driver?
- 29 Can a UPS driver print a label?
Can I have a package shipped to a Post Office?
Yes – you (the addressee) have the option to send your eligible package to a different address or to a Post Office™ for pickup, but there is a postage fee. … You will be notified via email or text if your package was or was not successfully delivered to the new address/location.
Can I use a post office as my address?
In general, a post office box can be used instead of a street address when establishing a place for people to send mail, but not when someone needs to identify himself to the government. … They have to identify each employee by name, social security number, and address in order to make those payments.
Can I ship to USPS for pickup?Go online to usps.com/pickup It’s free, regardless of the number of packages you’re sending. Your letter carrier will pick up your package when your regular mail is delivered. Arrange a next-day pickup or let us know up to three months in advance that your packages will be ready.
Can you put packages in a USPS drop box?
The answer is yes. The U.S. post office allows consumers to drop packages into the blue mailboxes as long as they can fit and have the correct postage – whether that’s by stamps, or postage printed out from Amazon, Stamps.com or Paypal).
Can I leave a package outside for UPS pickup?
If you know they are scheduled to pick up the package, you can leave it out for them with a note that says something like “UPS return” on it. (But only if you feel it is safe to leave it there and not get stolen.)
Will USPS pickup prepaid packages?
Just submit your request online at www.usps.com/pickup and your letter carrier will pick up the packages during their normal delivery time. This service is free of charge, regardless of the number of packages you are sending. … Visit www.usps.com/pickup for additional information or to schedule a pickup now.
Can Amazon deliver to a PO Box?Yes, the company does. But how you fill out your address will determine if you’ll get your parcel to your PO Box or not. So, if you want your package sent to your box, let your PO Box be on your shipping address 1 line field.
How can I get packages without an address?
There are a few ways to receive packages when you don’t have an address. Use a Mail Forwarding Service for all paper mail. Sites like Mail Scanning, Virtual Mailbox & Mail Forwarding Services will rent you a virtual address, hold your mail, scan it as a PDF, and email it to you.What is USPS hold for pickup?
A Hold For Pickup package is shipped directly to a Post Office, instead of being left at the recipient’s address. The package is then held at the Post Office until picked up anytime during office hours, at the time most convenient for the recipient.Article first time published on askingthelot.com/can-you-ship-a-package-to-a-post-office-for-pickup/
How big can a package be for USPS drop box?
Items weighing 10 oz. or less or 1/2-inch in thickness or less with postage stamps can be deposited in Collection Boxes when: The correct postage, fees, and labels are affixed.
Can you drop packages in UPS box?
Drop off any UPS service level at UPS Drop Box locations. Get later pickup times than with your regularly scheduled pickup. Use UPS Drop Boxes as a single source for everything you need to make last-minute shipments.
Can I hand a package to a UPS driver?
Keep in mind, you can always hand off a pre-labeled package to your UPS driver when they’re delivering to your home or place of business.
How much does it cost to have UPS pick up a package?
You can call to schedule a driver pickup on the same day or a future day, with no limit on the number of packages. The fee is $6.80 per same-day request, or $5.80 for a future-day pickup. UPS Smart Pickup®.
How do I schedule a UPS pickup with a prepaid label?
Just call 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule a pickup. Our driver will even bring you a label!
Where can I send my mail if I have no address?
Head down to your local post office and rent a post office box. This will give you an address where you can receive mail, without having to use your home address. Prices vary, but in general a P.O.
How do you send a package from home?
- Step 1: Pick Your Box. Use a box that’s big enough to safely fit what you’re sending. …
- Step 2: Pack Your Box. …
- Step 3: Address your Package. …
- Step 4: Choose a Mail Service. …
- Step 5: Calculate & Apply Postage. …
- Step 6: Ship Your Package.
How do you send mail to someone without giving your address?
- Package receiving service. A package receiving service is a great way to get items delivered without using your home address. …
- Package locker systems. …
- Sign up for a PO Box. …
- Get your parcel delivered to a friend (or your office)
Can you send large packages to a PO Box?
Large Packages Many packages are just too large to fit in a post office box. In most cases, as long as the package was sent to the P.O. box address via the US Postal Service, the package will remain on the premises of that post office for the recipient to pick up in person.
How do I send something to a PO Box?
- Start at the center of the envelope. It’s essential to write the name and address of the letter or package visibly. …
- Write the recipient’s first and last name on the first line. …
- Note the company or organization (optional) …
- Provide PO box number. …
- Add city, state, and postal code to the bottom line.
Will UPS ship to a PO Box?
As we just illustrated a moment ago, UPS – as a general rule – will not deliver any packages, any parcels, or any deliveries whatsoever to addresses that are PO boxes. Then, when UPS gets your package they’ll notice that it is being sent to a PO Box and will immediately delay its delivery. …
How do you send something general delivery?
“GENERAL DELIVERY” is the actual address line, and using “9999” as the ZIP+4 also indicates general delivery. Picking up your mail is easy – just go to the post office, present your identification and ask for any General Delivery mail that you’ve received.
Can I have a UPS package held for pickup?
You can request we hold onto your package for you to pick up at a UPS location.
How much does it cost to hold a package at USPS?
There is no charge to request USPS Hold Mail® service. An address can have only one USPS Hold Mail® service in effect at a time.
Whats the smallest box you can ship?
According to the USPS Postal Explorer, the minimum package size is at least 6 inches in length, 3 inches in height, and 1/4 of an inch in thickness. Written out in decimal points, that size is: 6 x 3 x 0.25″.
Can I put a small box in a USPS mailbox?
If it is over 13 ozs you must bring it to a Post Office and hand it to an employee directly. But because it is a small flat rate box, if it is noticeably less than 13 ozs then, yes, you can put in your mailbox for the carrier to take.
Does USPS offer ground shipping?
USPS Retail Ground® service is a ground shipping solution for packages, thick envelopes, and tubes (with a maximum weight of 70 pounds) that are not required to be mailed at First-Class Mail® service. USPS Tracking® is included at no additional charge.
What happens if I drop a UPS package at USPS?
Usually after a couple or more are collected, The Post Office will call UPS and have us retrieve the packages, so it can cause a delay. Most times, the Post office employee will just return them to the delivery driver who happens to stop by that day. Your mail will be safe. The package will go to the local post office.
How heavy can a box be for UPS?
Packages can be up to 150 lbs. Packages can be up to 108 inches long. Packages above certain size and weight combinations may require freight shipping services. Learn how to avoid measurement corrections charges.
Can you give Amazon returns to UPS driver?
You can have Amazon send you a UPS label for dropoff, go to a UPS store and have them print and attach it for you, or schedule a UPS pickup. Some clothing returns are free, but Amazon generally makes customers pay for return shipping.
Can a UPS driver print a label?
UPS. If you don’t have access to a printer to print a shipping label, UPS is your best option. The carrier lets you schedule a pickup without labels and the driver will bring you shipping documents. … Once you decide if you’ll print a label or not, enter your pickup information and address.