Resetting a Hunter X-Core is easy. To reset the irrigation controller, all you need to do is press the negative, the hand and the program keys at the same time, then use a small tool to press in the small reset button on the side of your controller. A small screwdriver or a pen will do the trick.
How do I reset my Hunter SRC sprinkler system?
- Unplug the controller’s transformer and remove the battery.
- Press and hold down the , and buttons.
- Plug the controller’s transformer back in.
- Release the , and buttons. The display should now show 12:00a. m.
- All the memory has been cleared and the controller may now be reprogrammed. Reinstall the battery.
Is it too early to turn on sprinklers?
Opening your sprinkler system for the season will depend on the weather conditions and your individual watering needs. As a general rule, the system should not be opened until the threat of frost is passed. If you are an early planter, we recommend waiting to open your system until after April 15.