Cardstock/ Solid Colored Papers. Clearly, the most important scrapbooking supplies you will need is the scrapbooking paper itself besides photos. … Patterned Paper. … Adhesives. … Pens. … Scissors & Trimmers. … Embellishments. … Scrapbook Kits. … Album.
- 1 What can I use for a scrapbook?
- 2 How do you make a scrapbook at home?
- 3 What else can you do with scrapbook paper?
- 4 How do you put pictures on a scrapbook paper?
- 5 Can you decoupage with scrapbook paper?
- 6 What can I do with printed paper?
- 7 How do you make a scrapbook out of construction paper?
- 8 How do you make a simple easy scrapbook?
- 9 What kind of glue is best for scrapbooking?
- 10 What can I use to stick photos to an album?
- 11 What do you use to stick pictures in a scrapbook?
- 12 What can I do with small pieces of paper?
- 13 How can we reuse paper at home?
- 14 How can I reuse paper for printing?
- 15 Can you use any paper to decoupage?
- 16 What's the best paper for decoupage?
- 17 How do you stiffen scrapbook paper?
- 18 How many pages should a scrapbook have?
- 19 How do you make a scrapbook journal?
- 20 How do you make a scrapbook for your boyfriend?
- 21 Are Glue Dots good for scrapbooking?
- 22 Can you use rubber cement for scrapbooking?
- 23 Is double sided tape good for scrapbooking?
What can I use for a scrapbook?
- Patterned paper and/or card stock.
- Acid-Free adhesive (tape runner and/or liquid)
- Minimal embellishments and/or stickers.
- Paper trimmer and/or sharp scissors.
- Page protectors/album.
How do you make a scrapbook at home?
- Sort Your Photos. To start your page, select several photos of one theme. …
- Choose a Focal Point Photo. Select one photo to be the main picture on your layout. …
- Choose Paper and Embellishments. …
- Create a Background. …
- Double-Mat the Focal Point Photo. …
- Group Mat the Supporting Photos. …
- Add Photos. …
- Add Journaling.
What else can you do with scrapbook paper?
- Make this cute Scrapbook Paper Easter Egg.
- Use scrapbook paper to make planner stickers.
- Decorate the house! …
- Make your own greeting cards!
- Turn scrapbook paper into envelopes and then use these printable cash envelope labels to create your own cash envelope system.
- Make a paper vase.
How do you put pictures on a scrapbook paper?
Photos can be attached with a glue stick, double sided tape, or photo corners. If you’re using a glue stick or double sided tape, repositionable adhesive tends to work better because it allows for the option of removing the photos at a later date if they need to be copied or shared outside of your scrapbook.
Can you decoupage with scrapbook paper?
Paper – Most items, especially thicker papers and scrapbook papers, are ready to use with Mod Podge as is. If you are working with thinner sheets of scrapbook paper or inkjet printouts, it may help to spray your paper with a clear acrylic sealer before Mod Podging. Spray both sides and allow to dry before using.
What can I do with printed paper?
- Reuse Printed Paper: Flip It Over to Print on the Unused Side. …
- Turn Scrap Paper Into a Wallet.
- Paper CD/DVD Holder.
- Paper Pen & Pencil Holder.
- Make Your Own Notepad or Sketchbook. …
- Origami Gift Boxes.
- DIY Sticky Notes. …
- Awesome Paper Airplanes From Old Paper.
How do you make a scrapbook out of construction paper?
- Pick a theme for the scrapbook. …
- Cut the construction papers to the size you want for the scrapbook. …
- Separate photos and paper memorabilia by themes.
- Make a color or black-and-white copy of each photo and piece of memorabilia, using a copy machine or computer and scanner and enlarging or reducing as desired.
How do you make a simple easy scrapbook?
- 1) Brainstorm on a Theme. Think about what you want your scrapbook to be about. …
- 2) List of Stories to Tell. …
- 3) Photo Selections. …
- 4) Placement of Page Elements. …
- 5) Crop, Mat & Adhere Your Photos. …
- 6) Page Title. …
- 7) Journaling. …
- 8) Dressing Up with Embellishments.
Journaling & Scrapbooking Prompts. Lists of Favorites (Colors, Dinners, Movies, Songs, Artists, Place You’ve Traveleds, Cartoons, Movie Stars, Desserts, Stores, Outfits, Disney Movies, Restaurants, Flavors of Ice Cream, etc.)Article first time published on askingthelot.com/what-can-i-use-for-scrapbook-paper/
What kind of glue is best for scrapbooking?
Use liquid craft glue. For most scrapbooking items, you’ll want to use dry scrapbook adhesives such as glue dots, glue sticks, or double-sided tape. For embellishments such as plastic items or metal charms, you’ll need to use liquid craft glue. The Helmar’s liquid glue brand is also great for decoupage projects.
What can I use to stick photos to an album?
Permanent methods include double sided tabs and tab rollers, double sided tape, adhesive dots, and glue and glue sticks. These go on the back of the photo, and then stick the photo onto the photo album page. Double sided tabs are the most popular permanent photo mounting method, and for good reason.
What do you use to stick pictures in a scrapbook?
The number one choice of scrappers! When you’re scrapbook making, here’s the key to adhering photos—use photo tabs! Photo tabs come as a role of double-sided square tabs housed in a scrapbook making cardboard box dispenser. A personal favorite is the Click n Stick brand.
What can I do with small pieces of paper?
- Make a collaged border.
- Make matching cards.
- Donate to a local preschool or daycare.
- Make gift tags.
- Mix and match squares for a fun background.
- Make die-cut shapes.
- Create a whimsical mosaic.
- Make a paper piecing.
How can we reuse paper at home?
Drafts: Print drafts on the unused side of old papers before printing a final document. Scrap Paper: Reuse paper for notes and memos. Cut each piece of paper into fourths, punch a hole in the top and thread them on a memo spike. Packing Material: Shred paper and reuse it as packing material.
How can I reuse paper for printing?
- Loosen Up. Hold the stack of misprinted paper and move it around in an “S” shape; fan it out, as well. …
- Straighten Up. Look for any bent edges or creases in the paper, and fold them back into their original shape, level with the rest of the sheet.
- Set the Guides. …
- Put the Right Side Up.
Can you use any paper to decoupage?
You can use pretty much any kind of paper, that you want. You can use Magazine Paper, Newspaper, Wrapping paper, Wallpaper, Paper Napkins, playing cards, crafting paper and even fabric. As long, as the Decoupage glue, that you are using, can glue it to the surface of your project, then you can use it for Decoupage.
What's the best paper for decoupage?
Cardstock comes in many designs and colors making it a great option for mod podge. A heavier cardstock can be a good option for 3D decoupage. Because it is a heavier option, it will look thicker on your project. Decoupage will work perfectly for adhering your own photos to a project.
How do you stiffen scrapbook paper?
Starch For Stiffening Paper For this method, all you need is some starch. I used some liquid starch that I already had on hand. Simply get a paint brush or foam brush and brush a coat of starch on your paper. After it has dried, flip it over and repeat the process.
How many pages should a scrapbook have?
Scrapbook Sizes A 12-by-12 two-page spread can easily hold 10 or more photos if needed. Many people use a 12-by-12-inch album as their main family scrapbook.
How do you make a scrapbook journal?
- 1) Simply Start Writing. …
- 2) Start With What You Know. …
- 3) Interviewing for Material. …
- 4) Write a Letter. …
- 5) Quotes, Poems, Sayings. …
- 6) Set Space for Future Journaling. …
- 7) Little Notebook. …
- 8) Stockpile Your Information.
How do you make a scrapbook for your boyfriend?
Write him a letter explaining how much you love him, why you wanted to make him a scrapbook, what he means to you, and all the things you hope for your future. This gives him something more personal that is all about how you feel in addition to all of the memories of your relationship in the scrapbook.
Are Glue Dots good for scrapbooking?
Scrapbooking is a fun and creative activity, and using a good adhesive will help your project last for years. … On the other hand, dry adhesives, including glue dots, double-sided tape, and photo corners, are usually easier to reposition and gentler on photos if you want to remove them later on.
Can you use rubber cement for scrapbooking?
Don’t use rubber cement. There are some acid-free types of rubber cement out there, but even these are very messy to use on your scrapbook pages. Too much of the rubber cement will make your photo ripple and getting it on your fingers and hands will make you stick to just about everything.
Is double sided tape good for scrapbooking?
Double sided and removable from most surfaces, it’s perfect for mounting pictures, documents and memorabilia to scrapbooks, photo albums, paper crafts and other projects.