the state of lacking sufficient money or material possessions. such was the level of my impecuniosity that I could not afford to eat at the cheapest greasy spoon.
- 1 What does the word Impecuniosity meaning?
- 2 How do you use impecunious in a sentence?
- 3 What is a precocious person?
- 4 What does it mean to call someone a Don Juan?
- 5 What is a mature child called?
- 6 What is a mercenary person?
- 7 Is precocious a positive word?
- 8 Is precocious positive or negative?
- 9 What is the word for no money?
- 10 What is correct guide word?
- 11 What is a Justin?
- 12 What does Pablo mean in slang?
- 13 What does Romeo stand for?
- 14 What is mercenary love?
- 15 Do mercenaries exist?
- 16 Were mercenaries used in WW2?
- 17 When people act older than their age?
- 18 What is a grown-up kid?
- 19 What is it called when you act older than your age?
- 20 What is the synonym of precocious?
- 21 Can precocious be used negatively?
- 22 What part of speech is precocious?
- 23 How do you use the word precocious in a sentence?
- 24 What is the longest word for beautiful?
- 25 How do you describe someone who loves money?
- 26 What do you call a person who goes on foot?
- 27 What is a better word for less?
- 28 Which word is slang for money?
- 29 What does being a guide mean?
What does the word Impecuniosity meaning?
: having very little or no money usually habitually : penniless.
How do you use impecunious in a sentence?
- Since Janice grew up in an impecunious household, she knew a great deal about surviving on very little.
- Impecunious students commonly find themselves in debt after overindulging in the use of credit cards.
What is a precocious person?unusually advanced or mature in development, especially mental development: a precocious child. prematurely developed, as the mind, faculties, etc. of or relating to premature development.
What does it mean to call someone a Don Juan?
Definition of Don Juan 1 : a legendary Spaniard proverbial for his seduction of women. 2 : a captivating man known as a great lover or seducer of women.
What is a mature child called?
As Drew said in a comment to the question, “adult children” is the right phrase. Some have suggested “grown children” and “grown-up children”, but since the 1970s “adult children” has been the prevalent phrase both in British English and in American English.
What is a mercenary person?
Definition of mercenary (Entry 1 of 2) : one that serves merely for wages especially : a soldier hired into foreign service mercenaries who guaranteed the success of the rebellion — B. F. Reilly. mercenary.
Is precocious a positive word?It comes from the Latin ‘praecocis’ meaning to ‘mature or ripen early’. Today, ‘precocious’ is mostly used to refer to children who exhibit adult like maturity. They are far more intelligent and skilled than children of their age. The word can be used as a compliment and to show disapproval as well.
Is precocious positive or negative?
Precocious, per its definition, describes a child in a positive light. But in practice, many tend to use it in a negative way, and I feel the negative connotation outweighs the positive. So even when you say ‘precocious talent’, it sounds like you’re saying it out of spite.How do you spell Pecunious?
- 1Well provided with money; moneyed, wealthy. Now chiefly literary and humorous.
- 2Money-loving, avaricious; miserly, ungenerous.
What is the word for no money?
1. Poor, impecunious, impoverished, penniless refer to those lacking money.
What is correct guide word?
Guide-word meaning The definition of a guide word is a word printed at the top of a page indicating the first or last word entry on that page. An example of guide word is the word “hesitate” printed on a page in a dictionary with the word “hesitate” listed as the first word on the page.
What is a Justin?
Justin is a masculine given name of Latin origin. It is the anglicized form of the Latin given name Justinus, a derivative of Justus, meaning “just”, “fair”, or “righteous”. … The name is also related to the similar Latin name Justinian.
What does Pablo mean in slang?
as a boys’ name is of Spanish and Latin origin, and the meaning of Pablo is “little”. Variant of Paul.
What does Romeo stand for?
AcronymDefinitionROMEORetired Old Men Eating OutROMEORights Metadata for Open ArchivingROMEOReal Old Motorcyclists Eating Out
What is mercenary love?
Confusing sexual attraction for love is a type of mercenary love. The person who seeks a relationship based on sexual attraction makes the rest of the relationship work because it satisfies their sexual needs.
Do mercenaries exist?
There are more mercenaries in the world now than at any time in the past. The US government is the biggest employer of mercenaries; they call them “ Private military contractors”, but under international law and the Geneva Conventions, they’re quite clearly, and indisputably, mercenaries.
Were mercenaries used in WW2?
The mercenaries were called The Gurkha’s and they fought for the British in the Middle East during WW2. The French had auxiliary mercenary units in there African colonies that they used in French North Africa. The unit were from 3 countries, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia.
When people act older than their age?
If it’s a young person the term is “overconfident.” If it’s a person of middle age the term is “premature curmudgeon.” For we elders, it’s called “senility.”
What is a grown-up kid?
Someone who is grown-up is physically and mentally mature and no longer depends on their parents or another adult.
What is it called when you act older than your age?
The term precocious is applied to a person who develops skills or characteristics much earlier than usual. If the person has white hair, they might be termed “venerable”, or even better (rubbing in any disparity between their looks and their acts) “venerable-looking”.
What is the synonym of precocious?
advanced, old beyond one’s years, forward, ahead of one’s peers, mature, prematurely developed, ahead, gifted, talented, clever, intelligent, quick.
Can precocious be used negatively?
Precocious, per its definition, describes a child in a positive light. But in practice, many tend to use it in a negative way, and I feel the negative connotation outweighs the positive. … mildly derogatory, with connotations of overconfidence, self-assertiveness, or pretension” – Editorial Note from OED.
What part of speech is precocious?
part of speech:adjectivedefinition 1:having the skills or mental capacity of a much older person. a precocious girl antonyms: backward, retardeddefinition 2:demonstrating such skills or capacity. precocious musical ability antonyms: retardedrelated words:forward
How do you use the word precocious in a sentence?
- Girolamo was a precocious child, with an early passion for learning. …
- Aldo himself, though a precocious student, a scholar of no mean ability, and a publisher of some distinction, was the least remarkable of the three men who gave books to the public under the old Aldine ensign.
What is the longest word for beautiful?
What does pulchritudinous mean? Pulchritudinous is an adjective that means physically beautiful or attractive.
How do you describe someone who loves money?
avaricious Add to list Share. Someone who is avaricious is greedy or grasping, concerned with gaining wealth.
What do you call a person who goes on foot?
A pedestrian is a person travelling on foot, whether walking or running.
What is a better word for less?
fewerdeclineddiminishedreducedslighternot as muchnot as greatnot so greatnot so mucha lesser amount of
Which word is slang for money?
$1 bill (ONE DOLLAR) is sometimes called a “single“, a “buck”, a “simoleon” or rarely an “ace”. The dollar has also been referred to as a “bean” or “bone” (e.g. twenty bones is equal to $20). $2 bill is sometimes referred to as a “deuce” or a “Tom”. $5 bill has been referred to as a “fin”, “fiver” or “five-spot”.
What does being a guide mean?
A guide is a person who leads travelers, sportsmen, or tourists through unknown or unfamiliar locations. The term can also be applied to a person who leads others to more abstract goals such as knowledge or wisdom.