: the quality or state of being pertinent : relevance.
- 1 What is a synonym for pertinence?
- 2 What does pertinent examples mean?
- 3 How do you use the word pertinence?
- 4 What is the opposite of slothfulness?
- 5 Is Pertinency a word?
- 6 Is pertinence a noun?
- 7 What does pertinent mean in business?
- 8 What does it mean if something is pretentious?
- 9 What does gloss over mean?
- 10 What does slothful mean in the Bible?
- 11 Is slothfulness a word?
- 12 Is slothful lazy?
- 13 What does it mean to take someone to court?
- 14 How do you spell pertinent information?
- 15 What is a pertinent fact?
- 16 What does in pertinent part mean?
- 17 What do you call someone who tries to impress others?
- 18 How do I stop being pretentious?
- 19 Whats a word for someone who thinks they're better than everyone else?
- 20 What are pertinent documents?
- 21 What is pertinent question?
- 22 What are pertinent positive and negative?
- 23 What are pertinent negatives?
- 24 What are the benefits of considering a differential diagnosis?
- 25 What is glazing over?
- 26 What does papered over mean?
- 27 What is De emphasize?
- 28 Why is being lazy a sin?
- 29 What is an example of sloth sin?
What is a synonym for pertinence?
Some common synonyms of pertinent are applicable, apposite, apropos, germane, material, and relevant. While all these words mean “relating to or bearing upon the matter in hand,” pertinent stresses a clear and decisive relevance.
What does pertinent examples mean?
3. The definition of pertinent is something that has a logical connection to the current subject. An example of pertinent is someone mentioning Martin Luther King Jr. during a civil rights discussion. adjective.
How do you use the word pertinence?
- Some of these are of historical interest, while others have a pertinence to mining at the locality in modern times. …
- As globalization and the aspects of global integration associated with it advance, questions of culture and identity have gained renewed pertinence and relevance.
What is the opposite of slothfulness?
Antonyms: busy. Synonyms: indolent, otiose, superfluous, faineant, work-shy, wasted, purposeless, pointless, senseless, futile, unavailing, ineffectual, lazy.
Is Pertinency a word?
The fact of being related to the matter at hand: applicability, application, appositeness, bearing, concernment, germaneness, materiality, pertinence, relevance, relevancy.
Is pertinence a noun?
pertinence noun – Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes | Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary at OxfordLearnersDictionaries.com.
What does pertinent mean in business?Something pertinent is relevant and on-point. If you give your best friend pertinent advice, that means the advice is appropriate for the situation. Something pertinent is related to the current topic or situation — and probably helpful too.
What does it mean if something is pretentious?
a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him— Richard Watts. b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature pretentious language pretentious houses.What does pertinent mean in medical terms?
Relevant; clinically meaningful.Article first time published on askingthelot.com/what-is-the-meaning-of-pertinence/
What does gloss over mean?
Definition of gloss over : to treat or describe (something, such as a serious problem or error) as if it were not important He glossed over the accident. The problems were ignored or glossed over.
What does slothful mean in the Bible?
: inclined to sloth : indolent.
Is slothfulness a word?
The quality or state of being lazy: idleness, indolence, laziness, shiftlessness, sloth, sluggardness, sluggishness. Informal: do-nothingism.
Is slothful lazy?
slothful Add to list Share. To be slothful is to be lazy. When you’re slothful, you don’t want to do any work.
What does it mean to take someone to court?
to take somebody to court: to sue somebody, to start legal proceedings against somebody, to attempt to prosecute somebody. idiom. I think we are going to need to take them to court.
How do you spell pertinent information?
pertaining or relating directly and significantly to the matter at hand; relevant: pertinent details.
What is a pertinent fact?
adj relating to the matter at hand; relevant. (C14: from Latin pertinens, from pertinere to pertain)
What does in pertinent part mean?
adj relating to the matter at hand; relevant.
What do you call someone who tries to impress others?
Beguiling, captivating, charming – positive in tone. Pretentious has a meaning of trying to be socially or intellectually superior.
How do I stop being pretentious?
- Use ordinary words in everyday conversations. …
- Be curious rather than judgmental. …
- Learn how to have balanced conversations. …
- Learn to talk about trivial things. …
- Be humble. …
- Try new things. …
- Work on your self-confidence. …
- Acknowledge your limitations and keep learning.
Whats a word for someone who thinks they're better than everyone else?
Someone who is conceited thinks that they are the best.
What are pertinent documents?
Pertinent Documents means the Bill of Sale, the Acceptance Certificate, this Lease, the Sublease, the Trust Agreement and each document executed and delivered in connection with this Lease or the Sublease (as any of the foregoing may be amended, modified, restated or supplemented from time to time).
What is pertinent question?
A pertinent question is one that relates to the matter being dealt with. For example, if you were to be at a meeting tomorrow at 3:00 p.m., a pertinent question regarding that might be “Where is the meeting being held?” or “How many people are attending the meeting?”
What are pertinent positive and negative?
Pertinent positives, which are disease-specific and can be learned by rote, are used to “rule in” a particular diagnosis. Pertinent negatives, which require more analytical and creative thinking, are gleaned from the differential diagnosis and function to “rule out” other diagnostic possibilities.
What are pertinent negatives?
Pertinent Negatives (PN) are used when the clinician documents why they DID NOT perform a procedure. Example: If Aspirin is part of the agency protocol for Chest Pain but was not administered, the reason should be documented.
What are the benefits of considering a differential diagnosis?
- narrow down the working diagnosis.
- guide medical evaluation and treatment.
- rule out life threatening or time critical conditions.
- enable the doctor to make the correct diagnosis.
What is glazing over?
phrasal verb. If your eyes glaze over, they become dull and lose all expression, usually because you are bored or are thinking about something else.
What does papered over mean?
Definition of paper over transitive verb. 1 : to gloss over, explain away, or patch up (differences, disparities, etc.) especially in order to maintain a semblance of unity or agreement. 2 : hide, conceal. Synonyms Example Sentences Learn More About paper over.
What is De emphasize?
Definition of de-emphasize transitive verb. : to reduce in relative importance also : play down.
Why is being lazy a sin?
It is a sin to be lazy. Laziness causes people to stop growing. Being lazy is refusing to obey God and refusing to do everything for His glory. It causes people to miss out on relying on the Holy Spirit for rest even in the hardest and craziest of times.
What is an example of sloth sin?
In Christianity, Sloth is about a person not wanting to work, because of lack of motivation. The person will be physically inactive and neglect what God has said. … As an example, sloth is about a person not helping those in need, even though they would be able to.