When you adjust your inside rear mirror and the outside rear mirror then we can clearly see the vehicles behind us. The inside mirror is used for the behind view and the outside left mirror is for the left side view of the vehicle and right side mirror is for the right side of the vehicles.
- 1 When your mirrors are properly adjusted?
- 2 What should you be able to see in your rear view mirror?
- 3 When you adjust your mirrors how far back should you be able to see?
- 4 In what position should you be to properly adjust your rearview mirror quizlet?
- 5 What does IPDE mean?
- 6 In what position should you be to properly adjust your rearview mirror aceable?
- 7 Why should you adjust the mirrors after you have adjusted the seat?
- 8 When should you adjust your seat mirrors and seat belts?
- 9 When should you check your rearview mirror?
- 10 When adjusting your side mirrors the horizon should be?
- 11 How should outside mirrors be set quizlet?
- 12 What is the mirror inside the car called?
- 13 Which of these is an inside the vehicle distraction?
- 14 When properly seated the steering wheel should be?
- 15 When adjusting the rearview mirror you should frame the rear window?
- 16 When you look far and near and side to side you are?
- 17 What is see iT aceable?
- 18 How is traffic flow and volume controlled on highways and freeways?
- 19 What are the benefits that you get out of maintaining your vehicle?
- 20 What should you do if you become drowsy while driving?
- 21 When you judge where possible conflicts may occur you are using which step of the IPDE process?
- 22 Do you adjust mirrors first?
- 23 When adjusting a safety belt is it best?
- 24 What is the area to the rear of the car not seen by mirrors referred to as?
- 25 When the head restraint is adjusted properly the restraint should be?
- 26 What is a truck's no zone?
- 27 How do you check the mirror blind area?
When your mirrors are properly adjusted?
A properly adjusted mirror will show some portion of the vehicle. This will provide a point of reference to help the driver judge the distance of other objects to the vehicle. 31.28 % of our users get this question wrong.
What should you be able to see in your rear view mirror?
The rearview mirror should show you the full view out the back window, not the rear seat, and be angled to display between the pillars on either side of the rear window. The side mirrors should be set to show you the view alongside on either side.
When you adjust your mirrors how far back should you be able to see?Adjust the rearview mirror. Maneuver the rearview mirror until you’re able to see directly out the middle of your back window without the need to move your head. You should be able to quickly glance up in this mirror to see the road behind you without ever having to turn your head or body.
In what position should you be to properly adjust your rearview mirror quizlet?
position your head so that it is centered under the inside rearview mirror, or just above the center console. Set the mirror so you can just barely see the side of the car in the left side of the mirror.
What does IPDE mean?
IPDE stands for Identify, Predict, Decide, and Execute.
In what position should you be to properly adjust your rearview mirror aceable?
If the oil pressure warning light appears, you know the engine oil is circulating at the proper pressure. In what position should you be to properly adjust your rearview mirror? To compensate for blind spots, quickly glance left and right over your shoulder and linger in the blind spots of other vehicles.
Why should you adjust the mirrors after you have adjusted the seat?Proper adjustment and usage of your vehicle’s side and rearview mirrors will prevent dangerous blind spots and keep your vehicle out of the path of approaching traffic.
When should you adjust your seat mirrors and seat belts?
Explanation When preparing to drive, you should first adjust your seat to ensure that you are in a comfortable position and can see the road clearly. Adjust your mirrors and steering wheel to be effective when your seat is fully adjusted.What is the area between the inside mirror view and what we Cannot see to either side?
If you cannot see the truck driver’s reflection in his or her side mirror, you are in the truck driver’s blind spot and they cannot see you. If you stay in those blind spots, you block the trucker’s ability to take evasive action to avoid a dangerous situation. A truck’s blind spots are called No Zones.Article first time published on askingthelot.com/when-you-have-properly-adjusted-the-inside-rearview-mirror-and-outside-mirrors-on-your-vehicle/
When should you check your rearview mirror?
While driving, it’s important to quickly check all mirrors before making any sudden stops, switching lanes, turning, or accelerating. Most driving instructors suggest checking your mirrors every five to eight seconds with a glance.
When adjusting your side mirrors the horizon should be?
When adjusting your right, driver side mirror, you should make sure the horizon is in the centre of the mirror. The horizon is the furthest point you can see, at which the road behind you disappears.
How should outside mirrors be set quizlet?
Right side: lean to right, set mirror so you can see edge of vehicle.
What is the mirror inside the car called?
A rear-view mirror (or rearview mirror) is a flat mirror in automobiles and other vehicles, designed to allow the driver to see rearward through the vehicle’s rear window (rear windshield).
Which of these is an inside the vehicle distraction?
Inside the car, there are several obvious distractions and some others that many people tend not to think of in this light but which can also cost lives. These include: Interactive communication devices, cell phones, pagers and navigation systems. Grooming, applying makeup, shaving.
When properly seated the steering wheel should be?
To sit comfortably you should be 10-12 inches from the steering wheel. Ah this distance your wrist rest comfortably on the steering wheel at 12:00 with a slight bend in the elbow. This allows you balanced control also. The steering wheel should be slanted toward your chest or body and not your face.
When adjusting the rearview mirror you should frame the rear window?
– You should frame the rear window in your rear view mirror, and angle the mirror slightly toward the passenger side. Now we can work on those exterior mirrors. – Let’s do the passenger’s side first. Sit comfortably in the driver’s seat and lean your head about four inches to the right.
When you look far and near and side to side you are?
114. When you are looking far and near and side to side you are: Searching.
What is see iT aceable?
What is SEE iT? A space management system that stands for Search, Evaluate, and Execute in Texas.
How is traffic flow and volume controlled on highways and freeways?
How is traffic flow and volume controlled on highways and freeways? Entrance ramps.
What are the benefits that you get out of maintaining your vehicle?
- Safety. Anybody with basic car knowledge knows that problems with the vehicle can lead to unsafe driving conditions. …
- Longevity. The better care you take of your vehicle, the longer it will last. …
- Money. …
- Performance and Fuel Economy. …
- The Environment.
What should you do if you become drowsy while driving?
If you experience sudden sleepiness while driving or notice one of the other warning signs listed above, you should stop driving as quickly as possible. Pull into the next rest stop or any other safe, well-lit space that allows you to safely park and not obstruct the road.
When you judge where possible conflicts may occur you are using which step of the IPDE process?
The four steps of the IPDE process are: I—Identify—Locate potential hazards within the driving scene. P—Predict—Judge where the possible points of conflict may occur. D—Decide—Determine what action to take, when, and where to take it.
Do you adjust mirrors first?
Always adjust mirrors after adjusting your seat. Adjust your seat belt and shoulder harness to ensure that they are firm and comfortable.
When adjusting a safety belt is it best?
When adjusting a safety belt, it is best to: wear it a low are possible across your hips. Which of the following is considered a vehicle communication system?
What is the area to the rear of the car not seen by mirrors referred to as?
As one is driving an automobile, blind spots are the areas of the road that cannot be seen while looking forward or through either the rear-view or side mirrors (expecting that the side mirrors are properly adjusted on a passenger auto – see above).
When the head restraint is adjusted properly the restraint should be?
Make sure the middle of the head restraint is even with the middle of your head or as high as it can be adjusted if it will not reach the middle of your head. Note the distance between the back of your head and the head restraint. The distance ought to be as close as comfort will allow and not more than 2½ inches.
What is a truck's no zone?
Areas where trucks can’t see around the rig and trailer are called “No-Zones”. Drivers who share the roadway with trucks must be aware of these “No-Zones” to stay safe.
How do you check the mirror blind area?
How do you check the mirror blind area? Use both the inside and the outside mirrors and a head check. When parking on the right shoulder of a hill where there is no curb you should: turn the front wheels so they point to the side of the road.