Table of Contents.Purpose.Hypothesis.Materials.Procedures.Conclusion.In conclusion, the popcorn brand that popped the most popcorn is Orville Redenbacher compared to Pop Secret and Wal-Mart brand.Work Sited.
- 1 Which brand of popcorn leaves the fewest unpopped kernels science project?
- 2 What kind of variable is brand of popcorn bag?
- 3 What puts the pop in popcorn science fair project?
- 4 Which popcorn brand pops the most kernels?
- 5 What is a good science fair project?
- 6 Does the brand of popcorn affect how many kernels are left unpopped?
- 7 Why does popcorn sizzle in milk?
- 8 What are some good science fair projects for 8th graders?
- 9 What popcorn kernels do movie theaters use?
- 10 Does soaking popcorn make it pop better?
- 11 Why do some popcorn brands pop better than others?
- 12 Which type of microwave popcorn pops the best?
- 13 Are there different grades of popping corn?
- 14 Does butter affect popcorn popping?
- 15 What are the top 10 science fair projects?
- 16 Which paper towel brand is the strongest experiment?
- 17 What is the easiest science project to do?
- 18 What is a good science fair project for a 7th grader?
- 19 How do you get straight A's in 8th grade?
- 20 Why does popcorn say not to use popcorn button?
- 21 What's mushroom popcorn?
- 22 Can you pop popcorn with water?
- 23 What are the 5 types of variables?
- 24 What are the 3 types of variables in an experiment?
- 25 What are the 4 types of variables?
- 26 What brand of oil do movie theaters use for popcorn?
- 27 Why does movie theater popcorn smell so good?
- 28 What is better white or yellow popcorn kernels?
- 29 How do I make my popcorn pop fluffy?
Which brand of popcorn leaves the fewest unpopped kernels science project?
The purpose of this experiment was to figure out which popcorn brand had the least amount of unpopped kernels. I did three trials for each brand then averaged them up. The results wound up being that Orville Redenbacher had the least amount of kernels unpopped with an average of 36 kernels.
What kind of variable is brand of popcorn bag?
The independent variable (also known as manipulated variable) is the brand of popcorn. The dependent variable (aka responding variable) is the ratio of popped kernels.
What puts the pop in popcorn science fair project?Popcorn needs between 13.5-14% moisture to pop. The soft starch is surrounded by the kernel’s hard outer surface. As the kernel heats up, the water begins to expand. Around 212 degrees the water turns into steam and changes the starch inside each kernel into a superhot gelatinous goop.
Which popcorn brand pops the most kernels?
Orville Redenbacher popcorn will pop the most kernels in all because it cost the most per kernel.
What is a good science fair project?
Does the color of a room affect human behavior? Do athletic students have better lung capacity? What brand of battery lasts the longest? Does the type of potting soil used in planting affect how fast the plant grows?
Does the brand of popcorn affect how many kernels are left unpopped?
I did three trials for each brand and averaged the unpopped kernels for each brand of popcorn. The results wound up being that Pop Secret had the least amount of unpopped kernels with an average of 42 kernels. Pop Weaver had the second least with 44 kernels and Orivlle Redenbacher had the most with 64 kernels.
Why does popcorn sizzle in milk?Now for the science behind this. Our guess is that it has something to do with the popcorn being so full of air that once it is placed in the milk, the milk pushes all the air out of the air pockets filling up all the empty space which then turns the popcorn soggy.
What are some good science fair projects for 8th graders?
- Drop an egg to prove the first law of motion. …
- Assemble a Newton’s cradle. …
- Blow out a candle with a balloon. …
- Relight a candle without touching it. …
- Measure and compare lung capacity. …
- Conduct fingerprint analysis. …
- Engineer a roller coaster loop.
- Independent variables. …
- Dependent variables. …
- Intervening variables. …
- Moderating variables. …
- Control variables. …
- Extraneous variables. …
- Quantitative variables. …
- Qualitative variables.
What popcorn kernels do movie theaters use?
In reality, most major theaters pop their kernels in coconut oil (via The New York Times), adding Flavacol as it pops to imbue the fluffy popped kernels with that signature yellow color and salty taste (via Extra Crispy). So, what exactly is Flavacol?
Does soaking popcorn make it pop better?
When you soak popcorn kernels in water, the seeds absorb extra moisture. This increased water content causes the kernels to pop slightly faster. The increased speed of popping is not significant when soaking kernels in water. It can and does cause some of the kernels to be fluffy.
Why do some popcorn brands pop better than others?
Why some popcorn kernels are better poppers than others depends on how orderly these crystalline sheets are, the researchers found. The best poppers have cellulose that’s especially good at turning into crystals.
Which type of microwave popcorn pops the best?
We liked Orville Redenbacher’s the best because of its smooth butter flavor, which was evenly distributed over the popcorn. Jolly Time tasted most closely like movie theater popcorn and came in second place. Act II came in third, Newman’s Own came in fourth, and Pop Secret came in last.
Are there different grades of popping corn?
There are two types of popcorn kernels: butterfly popcorn, which is also sometimes referred to as snowflake popcorn, and mushroom popcorn. Each kernel type yields popcorn that is unique in structure, which gives each a ‘best’ use.
Does butter affect popcorn popping?
Salt, vegetable oil, and butter levels showed statistically significant effects on the unpopped kernel ratio and expansion volume in conventional popping, both in linear and squared terms (P < 0.05 and 0.01, Table 2).
What are the top 10 science fair projects?
- Baking Soda and Vinegar Volcano. …
- Mentos and Soda Fountain. …
- Invisible Ink. …
- Crystal Growing. …
- Vegetable Battery. …
- Wind Energy. …
- Water Electrolysis. …
- Plant Science.
Which paper towel brand is the strongest experiment?
What is the easiest science project to do?
- Mentos and Diet Soda Fountain. …
- Slime Science Project. …
- Easy Invisible Ink Project. …
- Easy Vinegar and Baking Soda Volcano. …
- Lava Lamp Science Project. …
- Easy Ivory Soap in the Microwave. …
- Rubber Egg and Chicken Bones Project.
What is a good science fair project for a 7th grader?
- Crush a can using air pressure. …
- Construct a geodesic dome. …
- Design a solar oven. …
- Spherify your favorite beverage. …
- Design a helping hand. …
- Watch the greenhouse effect in action. …
- Marvel at a density rainbow. …
- Discover computer coding with LEGO bricks.
How do you get straight A's in 8th grade?
- If you must miss class, be sure to make up what you missed.
- Ask a friend to take notes for you, and speak to your teacher to ensure that they got all the proper information.
#1Don’t Use the Popcorn Button The popcorn setting on many microwaves has only a preset time and no humidity sensor, which means that the microwave can’t tell when something’s burning.
What's mushroom popcorn?
Describing popcorn as having a “mushroom” or “butterfly” type refers to the shape of the popped kernels. Mushroom-type kernels will yield popcorn that is large and round, as suggested by its name, while butterfly-type kernels will pop in unpredictable shapes, with many “wings” sticking in different directions.
Can you pop popcorn with water?
Pour water over top of the the kernels until they’re covered, but not floating. … When it seems as if the water has evaporated, but the kernels have not popped or burned, carefully lift the lid, add 1/4 cup of water, replace the lid quickly, turn the heat up a little, and back away.
What are the 5 types of variables?
There are different types of variables and having their influence differently in a study viz. Independent & dependent variables, Active and attribute variables, Continuous, discrete and categorical variable, Extraneous variables and Demographic variables.
What are the 3 types of variables in an experiment?
These changing quantities are called variables. A variable is any factor, trait, or condition that can exist in differing amounts or types. An experiment usually has three kinds of variables: independent, dependent, and controlled.
What are the 4 types of variables?
Such variables in statistics are broadly divided into four categories such as independent variables, dependent variables, categorical and continuous variables. Apart from these, quantitative and qualitative variables hold data as nominal, ordinal, interval and ratio.
What brand of oil do movie theaters use for popcorn?
Coconut oil or canola oil is what they use for popcorn at movie theaters. Both of these oils give a cleaner taste and are actually a healthier option over other oils so that is good news for sure!
Why does movie theater popcorn smell so good?
The secret is a product called Flavacol: This is a kind of butter-flavored super-fine salt. It contains yellow dye which is why movie theater popcorn is yellow, and it also accounts for that particular buttery flavor. When making a new batch of popcorn we’d add in a small scoop of this stuff before it started.
What is better white or yellow popcorn kernels?
Simply put, white popcorn has a more tender texture than yellow. … Conversely, yellow popcorn tends to produce a much larger and sturdier form than white corn, and the popped kernels hold a yellowish tint to them. If you’re on a mission to recreate your favorite movie theater popcorn, we recommend using yellow kernels.
How do I make my popcorn pop fluffy?
The Internet-approved tip is as follows: Soak popcorn kernels in water for 10 minutes, then drain and pop as normal. The theory is that the extra moisture helps produce fluffier puffs.