A run-on sentence occurs when two or more independent clauses (also known as complete sentences) are connected improperly. Example: I love to write papers I would write one every day if I had the time. There are two complete sentences in the above example: Sentence 1: I love to write papers.
- 1 Which one of the following sentence is a run-on sentence Weegy?
- 2 What is a run-on sentence checker?
- 3 Which of the following is the correct way to write a run-on sentence?
- 4 What is a run-on sentence 4th grade?
- 5 Which of the following is a run-on sentence the game will be called if the storm continues?
- 6 Which of the following is a run-on sentence in 1783?
- 7 Which of the following is a compound sentence?
- 8 Which is imperative sentence?
- 9 What are the five ways to correct a run-on sentence?
- 10 How do you identify a run-on sentence and a comma splice?
- 11 Which of the following is a run on sentence quizlet?
- 12 What are sentence fragments examples?
- 13 How do you correct a run on sentence online?
- 14 What is a run-on sentence Grade 5?
- 15 What is a run-on sentence Middle School?
- 16 What is comma splice?
- 17 What are sentence fragments missing?
- 18 Which of the following is written correctly in June 1776?
- 19 What does a complex sentence have?
- 20 How do you write a complex sentence example?
- 21 What is a complex compound sentence?
- 22 What are 10 examples of declarative?
- 23 What are 10 imperative examples?
- 24 What is exclamatory sentence example?
- 25 What are 5 examples of compound sentences?
- 26 Which 2 of the following are compound sentences?
- 27 What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
- 28 Which of the following is an example of a declarative sentence?
- 29 Which one of the following is a complete sentence Weegy?
Which one of the following sentence is a run-on sentence Weegy?
The sentence that is an example of a run-on sentence is: I think Frank might be too busy he likes to make people think he’s smart. The answer is option A.
What is a run-on sentence checker?
A run. on sentence corrector is one in which two or more sentences are joined together without punctuation or conjunction. Sentences are separate if they have different subjects and actions.
Which of the following is the correct way to write a run-on sentence?First, make two separate sentences. Secondly, use a semicolon to separate independent clauses. Third, use a comma and a coordinating conjunction like and, but, and so. Fourth, use a semicolon, conjunctive adverb like therefore and a comma.
What is a run-on sentence 4th grade?
Run-on sentences are sentences that include more than one complete thought without the use of a punctuation mark to separate those complete thoughts. 4:30.
Which of the following is a run-on sentence the game will be called if the storm continues?
similemeaningas black as coalcompletely blackas black as pitchcompletely blackas blind as a batcompletely blindas blind as a molecompletely blind
Which of the following is a run-on sentence in 1783?
Which of the following is a run-on sentence? In 1783, the US Congress ratified a preliminary peace treaty, the US and Britain signed the Treaty of Paris, British troops left New York City, and George Washington resigned as commander.
Which of the following is a compound sentence?An example of a compound sentence is, ‘This house is too expensive, and that house is too small. ‘ This sentence is a compound sentence because it has two independent clauses, ‘This house is too expensive’ and ‘that house is too small’ separated by a comma and the conjunction ‘and. ‘
Which is imperative sentence?
An imperative sentence is a sentence that expresses a direct command, request, invitations, warning, or instruction. Imperative sentences do not have a subject; instead, a directive is given to an implied second person.What is a run-on sentence Brainly?
A run-on sentence occurs when two or more independent clauses are not joined correctly. … There are two types of run-on sentences: fused sentences and comma splices. A fused sentence occurs when independent clauses run together with no marks of punctuation or coordinating conjunctions to separate them.Article first time published on askingthelot.com/which-one-the-following-is-a-run-on-sentence/
What are the five ways to correct a run-on sentence?
- Add a period and a capital letter. Add a period and a capital letter to separate the sentences. …
- Add a comma and a coordinating conjunction. Add a comma and a coordinating conjunction. …
- Add a semicolon. …
- Add a “transitional word” …
- Add a subordinating conjunction.
How do you identify a run-on sentence and a comma splice?
A run-on sentence occurs when multiple independent clauses are unpunctuated or lack connections in a single sentence, while a comma splice occurs when a comma is used to separate two independent clauses.
Which of the following is a run on sentence quizlet?
A comma splice, constitutes a run-on sentence. It is when two independent clauses are joined with a comma without an accompanying coordinating conjunction. You just studied 5 terms!
What are sentence fragments examples?
Sentence fragments usually appear before or after the independent clauses to which they belong. Some sentence fragments start with subordinates. Some examples of subordinators are ‘when’, ‘after’, ‘although’, ‘before’, ‘if’, ‘since’, ‘until’, ‘when’, ‘where’, ‘while’, and ‘why’. Sentence fragments can also be phrases.
How do you correct a run on sentence online?
- Add a period to create two sentences.
- Add a comma and coordinating conjunction between the two clauses.
- Add a semicolon between two related independent clauses.
- Use a semicolon, adverb, and comma to separate the two clauses.
What is a run-on sentence Grade 5?
Run-on sentences occur when two or more independent clauses are not joined correctly. In these worksheets, students correct run-on sentences by adding conjunctions and punctuation.
What is a run-on sentence Middle School?
A run-on sentence is two or more sentences that have been incorrectly written as one sentence.
What is comma splice?
A comma splice occurs when you use a comma to join two complete sentences without placing an appropriate joining word between them. The comma just isn’t strong enough to do the job of making one grammatical sentence out of two.
What are sentence fragments missing?
A sentence fragment lacks an essential element that completes a sentence (such as a subject or verb) or does not express a complete thought. On the other hand, a complete sentence contains a subject, verb, and expresses a complete thought.
Which of the following is written correctly in June 1776?
Which of the following is written correctly? In June 1776, Thomas Jefferson wrote the first draft of the Declaration of Independence, and it was formally adopted by Congress on July 4 of that year.
What does a complex sentence have?
A complex sentence is a sentence with one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. It works best when you need to provide more information to explain or modify your sentence’s main point.
How do you write a complex sentence example?
- Because my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.
- Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.
- She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.
- Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.
What is a complex compound sentence?
A compound-complex sentence is comprised of at least two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses. Example: Though Mitchell prefers watching romantic films, he rented the latest spy thriller, and he enjoyed it very much.
What are 10 examples of declarative?
- I love my dog.
- My new car is black.
- George brushes her teeth twice a day.
- She doesn’t study German on Saturday.
- I and my sister don’t see each other anymore.
- Tomorrow early morning first I go to morning walk.
- Chemistry is my favorite subject, but my brother really likes social studies.
What are 10 imperative examples?
- Bring me a glass of water.
- Don’t ever touch my phone.
- Give me a pen and a pencil.
- Play with intensity and courage.
- Remember me when we are parted.
- Never forget the person who loves you.
- Take a step and don’t move.
- Don’t be excited about everything without reason.
What is exclamatory sentence example?
An exclamatory sentence makes a statement that conveys strong emotion or excitement. Placing that tiny stripe above a period at the end of a sentence can really rock the boat! For example: “I got the concert tickets!”
What are 5 examples of compound sentences?
- I want to lose weight, yet I eat chocolate daily.
- Michael did not like to read. She was not very good at it.
- Dr. Mark said I could come to his office on Friday or Saturday of next week.
- My favorite sport is skiing. I am vacationing in Hawaii this winter.
Which 2 of the following are compound sentences?
Compound Sentences with Coordinating Conjunctions She did not cheat on the test, for it was the wrong thing to do. I really need to go to work, but I am too sick to drive. I am counting my calories, yet I really want dessert. He ran out of money, so he had to stop playing poker.
What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
- When he handed in his homework, he forgot to hand the teacher the last stage.
- The human brain never stops working until you stand up to speak in public.
- Even though she suffered from arthritis, she studied hard because she wanted to go to medical school in London.
Which of the following is an example of a declarative sentence?
A simple declarative sentence has a simple sentence structure, consisting of a subject and a predicate. Examples of declarative sentences in the simple form include: My dog is sick. It is a nice day.
Which one of the following is a complete sentence Weegy?
8. Select the sentence in which the verb correctly agrees with the subject. A. Les and Miranda is late for work today.